A Thought on Starting and Growing Your Practice
There are many known models for growth.
All essentially say this:
- Imitate to understand
- Experiment deliberately to find improvement
- Someday, maybe, perhaps (based on many variables) : Change the game
Kent Beck said it like this, about XP.
- Do everything as written.
- After having done that, experiment with variations in the rules.
- Eventually, don’t care if you are doing XP or not.
Remember that the goal of the daily team meeting is to create a plan for the next 24 hours. For the daily planning meeting we call “standup”:
- Use the 3 questions
- Focus on the Feature
- Focus on the Goal