2021 PC Build List
I haven’t built a machine in probably 15 years because laptops have been enough to function as my primary machine. While this has remained largely true, there are some high-end jobs my laptop just doesn’t have the horsepower to drive some workloads that I would like to work with.
Example workloads include model training, data munging, compiling large solutions (reaching here), and occasional gaming.
So, after a long respite, I got the green light from the boss to create a new machine. Here is what I chose to build/
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960X 24-Core, 48-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
- TEAMGROUP T-Force Dark Za (Alpha) 32GB Kit (2x16GB) DDR4 Dram 3600MHz
- ASUS ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha TRX40 Gaming AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen Threadripper sTRX4 EATX Motherboard
- Corsair HX Series, HX1200, 1200 Watt
- Sabrent 1TB Rocket 4 Plus NVMe 4.0 Gen4 PCIe M.2 Internal SSD Extreme Performance Solid State Drive Dynamic XL ROG Certified (White) ATX
- Full Tower Gaming Computer Case
- Redragon K552 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- SAMSUNG LC49RG90SSNXZA 49-Inch CRG9 Curved Gaming Monitor, Black
- Sceptre 20″ 1600×900
- Antec 120mm Case Fan X 2