David Starr is a professional software craftsman committed to improving humanity and technical excellence in software development. He has served in numerous capacities and contexts as an early and consistent advocate for agile software development.
Having successfully led product development initiatives and organizational transitions, David has real world experience in numerous positions including Chief Software Craftsman at Scrum.org, Sr. Program Manager for Visual Studio at Microsoft, Chief Software Architect, Director of Product Development, Pluralsight Author, independent consultant, and trainer.
He speaks at various international conferences, is a frequent guest on various podcasts, author of articles throughout the technology industry, and the founder of the blogging community ElegantCode.com. He is a 5 time Microsoft MVP in Visual Studio ALM.
David lives in Washington state with his wife and four children where he spends time being a dad, creating software, having accidents while camping, and falling over on his motorcycle.
Recent Posts by David Starr
- Introducing Elegant Code Solutions - January 26th, 2015
- Fixing a Dreaded Daily Scrum - January 6th, 2015
- Manage Work Item Tags in Visual Studio - December 24th, 2014
- Charging Station – I Apparently do Handicrafts Now - December 18th, 2014
- Coming Home to Scrum.org - April 16th, 2014
- 10 Tips for Nailing UI Voice and Style - February 16th, 2014
- Show Us Your Work Boards - February 12th, 2014
- Calling Actual Developers for Agile 2014 - November 23rd, 2013
- Family vNext - October 24th, 2013
- Announcing Code Health Metrics for CodeLens – A DevLabs Project - September 23rd, 2013