David Starr is a Senior Program Manager in the ALM Tools team at Microsoft where he focuses on Visual Studio Ultimate and tools that enable agile software development.
David served as Chief Craftsman for Scrum.org and was a Microsoft MVP in Visual Studio ALM for the five years prior to joining Microsoft. He focuses on agile software development, the Visual Studio ALM platform, and patterns and practices in .NET. He enjoys helping software development teams improve and expressing human intent to computers.
David speaks at various international conferences, is a frequent guest on various podcasts, and author of articles all over the technology industry. He creates online courses for Pluralsight and the founder of the blogging community ElegantCode.com.
David lives in Washington state with his wife and four children, where he spends time being a dad, creating software, having accidents while camping, and falling over on his motorcycle.
Recent Posts by David Starr
- Author Report: Daniel Suarez - May 17th, 2013
- Brian’s Resizer App - May 6th, 2013
- Estimating for Software Development, Delivery, and Deadlines - April 15th, 2013
- My Work Kanban Support in Visual Studio 2012 Update 2 - April 7th, 2013
- tfsdeleteproject.exe on VisualStudio.com - February 15th, 2013
- Agile for Families in the WSJ - February 10th, 2013
- My Team’s Gated Build - February 7th, 2013
- CodeMash Trip Report - January 14th, 2013
- CodeMash 2013 Pre-Compiler Slides - January 13th, 2013
- Nokia 920 vs. HTC 8X - January 12th, 2013