My boss’s boss recently asked me, “If an Agile leader were to outline the top characteristic of their best developers, what are they? “
The response was relatively quick, and rather “off the cuff”. After re-reading it, I like my answer!
- Seeks to help others with any aspect of product development, regardless of her individual specialty
- Independently pursues continuous learning and shares new knowledge with the team
- Encourages and enacts technical practices to improve code and product quality
- Collaboratively and respectfully engages during all Scrum events
- Pro-actively seeks and provides feedback on code and the product being created
- Encourages, coaches, and embodies team-level agility
- Respectfully collaborates with other teams to ensure valuable features are DONE within each Sprint
- Embraces and actively supports organizational-level agility
- Enacts and coaches product instrumentation enabling Build > Measure > Learn
What’s missing from this list?
What could be improved in the original list?