Ayende blogged about this web site which you can use to analyze the text on your blog (and those of others). It makes some guesses about the personality of the person(s) that write on the particular blog.

Turns out that both my personal blog and ElegantCode yields the same results:

INTJ – The Scientists

The long-range thinking and individualistic  type. They are especially good at looking at almost anything and figuring out a way of improving it – often with a highly creative and imaginative touch. They are intellectually curious and daring, but might be physically hesitant to try new things.
The Scientists enjoy theoretical work that allows them to use their strong minds and bold creativity. Since they tend to be so abstract and theoretical in their communication they often have a problem communicating their visions to other people and need to learn patience and use concrete examples. Since they are extremely good at concentrating they often have no trouble working alone.

Till next time

Previous post

Do Not Litter Your Code With Null Checks

Next post

Calling Remote ASP.NET Web Services from JQuery

7 Comments

1. December 2, 2008 at 3:21 pm

I tried a few different websites and they all say INTJ, is it possible to get anything apart from that or is that the whole point?!

2. December 2, 2008 at 3:57 pm

Yup, thats the whole point. But its fun anyway 🙂

3. December 2, 2008 at 4:32 pm

No, you can get something different. I got the same as Ayende did “INTP – The Thinkers”.

4. December 2, 2008 at 5:00 pm

Actually, I’m an INTP, but the site says I’m an ISTJ (which isn’t too far off either).

The responsible and hardworking type. They are especially attuned to the details of life and are careful about getting the facts right. Conservative by nature they are often reluctant to take any risks whatsoever.

The Duty Fulfillers are happy to be let alone and to be able to work int heir own pace. They know what they have to do and how to do it.

5. December 2, 2008 at 5:06 pm

That’s funny! I am am INTP as well. Twice tested!

6. December 3, 2008 at 8:39 am

[…] Type Analyzing Blogs (Jan Van Ryswyck) […]

7. December 4, 2008 at 10:19 am

Cool find; I got ENTP, fairly close to my true INTP personality. Myers-Briggs is all shades of gray in any case!

Instead of slapping a label on you, the Germans would describe you as ‘Morphiumsüchtig.’The verb suchen means to seek. So that might be translated, loosely, as ‘morphine seeky’ or even more loosely as ‘morphine-seeking’. I prefer ‘seeky’ because it means you have an inclination to seek morphine.

Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon