Boise Code Camp 2011–Introduction to Git
We are having another great Boise Code Camp and once again, I am glad I presented.
Git is a DVCS, or distributed version control system, that is gaining popularity in the .NET community. In this session, we will explore:
- How Git is different from other version control systems (Subversion, Team Foundation Server, Mercurial)
- Common tools (emphasis on Windows users)
- Basic commands and workflow
- Using Git as your Subversion client
- Various Git services, such as GitHub, and AppHarbor
My slides are available on github.