Agile for Executives
There is currently an article up on the CIO magazine web site that I simply must comment on. I often find myself needing to explain and define Agile for executives who have heard some rumor or other about why the developers have unionized. I think Esther Schindler’s article does a nice job of giving that overview, although it may be a bit wordy still for the elevator pitchy type of discussion.
Esther makes 7 points that I list below under the link to her article. If your leadership is asking for a nice explanation of what this Agile stuff is all about, giving them this article may be a good move to start the discussion.
- Agile Creates Better Software
- The Agile Mind-Set Is More than Processes
- Agile Changes More then Development Workflow
- Agile Doesn’t Mean "Chaos is Good"
- Agile’s Benefits are Worth the Wait
- Agile Isn’t a Silver Bullet
- Success Depends on People